Monday, November 5, 2012

Last PT

After 10 weeks of Physical Therapy, the Insurance has run out. They determined that I have gotten back to a functional level of ability. Although I am nowhere near where I was before the surgery, and cannot even try running yet, United Healthcare patted me on the ass and told me to get on out there.

I've come a long way in recovery and that's a good thing. Shira gave me a list of things that I will need to continue to work on in order to continue re-habbing the hip as well as in an attempt to better the mechanics of my legs to try and prevent injury. Here it is:

Hands and knees rocking 20x
Clam shells with band 20-30x
Sideways and backwards diagonal walking 2-3 laps
Single leg Terminal Knee Extensions (TKE) 2x15
Donkey Kicks (not punches) with weight 2x10 - 2x15
3-way step touches 6" step 15x
Hip 4-ways with band 20x
Ball hamstring curl and bridge, front plank knees to chest 2x10
Single leg balance and windmill (opposite side reach and touch) 10x
Straight-leg raises 2x10 - 2x20
Lunges forward and sideways
Adduction walk
Planks - walkout on ball

And once I get the green light from Dr. Parker to commence running, I was given this protocol:
Level 1: .1 mile walk / .1 mile jog; x 10
Level 2: .1 mile walk / .2 mile jog; 2 mile total
Level 3: .1 mile walk / .3 mile jog; 2 mile total
Level 4: .1 mile walk / .4 mile jog; 2 mile total
Level 5: Job full 2 miles
Level 6: Increase workout to 2.5 miles
Level 7: Increase workout to 3 miles
Level 8: Alternate running/jogging every .25 miles

2-day rest between workouts for the first two weeks
No more than 2 levels per week
2 days rest between levels 1,2, and 3
1 day rest between levels 4-8

If sore during warm-up, take 2 days off and drop 1 level
If sore during workout, take 1 day off and drop 1 level
If sore after workout, stay at same level

No comments:

Post a Comment